Sunday, October 26, 2008

Baking tip #1

For those who may not know, I love cooking. Always have. Baking has, until recently, been completely beyond me. I loved the randomness and creativity involved in cooking (I never use recipes), but found the exact measurements required for baking to be a little too restrictive for my tastes. Lately, I've found a certain comfort in someone telling me exactly what to do and have it turn out just as expected. Nothing else in life ever seems to go that smoothly! And so, without further ado:

Baking tip #1: If you don't have icing sugar, just put some regular granular sugar in your food processor and pulse it. It'll be smooth powder in no time! And with no gluten added! (Some people add 2 tbsp of cornstarch per cup, I find it's unnecessary!)

Let me know if there's any interest in some baking recipes - I've been a mad collector lately and they've all turned out wonderfully! (This is no small task for a beginner baker!)

1 comment:

The W.O.W. factor! said...

(I have the darnedest time..don't know why it's so hard to see the button to "post comment"..wrong color?)
Anyhow...I love to bake too! My tip is you can substitute applesauce for 'oil' in baking as I try to always do..like in banana bread I just made.
What is it about Fall, that the baking gears become unclogged and free flowing? Hope your weekend Lucy, is wonderful!
Barb