Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Careful - hot things are hot!

I love this - in my office, a new sign has been placed on the kitchen wall saying "Be careful when carrying hot food items to avoid burns and spills." I have decided I should help in the new office safety crusade and will be creating my own signs:

Do not run with scissors.

Humans can not fly. Please do not jump from window.

Caution - hot things are hot!

Do not eat pencils.

Soap is for external use only.

Stabbing your coworkers with forks is dangerous. Please refrain where possible.

3 comments:

The W.O.W. factor! said...

LOL! Sometimes I wonder....
Even TV commercials today cater to the notion people are 'dumb' !
(heck....maybe there ARE more out there than I would hope...)

wordmama said...

Wow - do you know what the saddest part of this story is? I talked to our Health and Safety guy and I am partially the reson for this crazy sign!!! About a month ago I scalded my hand carrying soup up from our cafeteria and had to fill out a worker's injury form. This is their response to prevent any further injuries!

I wonder if that makes me the dumbest one of all....?

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Hmmm..you are starting a new trend! Just think, you are laying the groundwork...a head of time...for the dumb ones to come! So that makes you the Smart one here! ;)