Friday, November 21, 2008

Morning wake up call

As I plodded through my morning ablutions, a dream-tussled toddler shuffled clumsily through the bathroom door. As soon as his sleepy eyes adjusted to the light, he raised his arms in the air in a silent plea to be picked up. He snuggled into my shoulder before holding his hands on either side of my face to give me a kiss. Afterwards, his face wrinkled and he went noodle as a wordless request to get down. He plodded over to the bathroom counter, opened my drawer and pulled out my mouthwash.

"Mummy tinky. Dink dis peas."

Out of the mouths of babes....

2 comments:

The W.O.W. factor! said...

LOL! OMG! Mouthwash for breakfast?? Gaggggggg! Bet you don't forget that morning for some time to come!!
Now...did you "..Dink dis "?

wordmama said...

lol - didn't drink it, but I did give it a swish. It must have been the ceaser salad I'd had for dinner the night before that made the super bad "dragon breath" that morning!